CONGRATULATIONS GOVERNOR’S SCHOOL STUDENTS AND PARENTS
Below is important information.
• Governor’s School begins Monday, August 12th. Students may drive to GCHS or Woodruffs Store on Route 58 to be picked up by the bus for travel to and from SVCC.
• Students need to be at the back of GCHS near the gym by 6:50AM. The bus leaves promptly at 7:00AM. Students should return to Woodruffs around 11:45 and GCHS around noon. Parents need to pick students up around noon at GCHS until classes begin at GCHS on September 3rd. After GCHS begins school, students will be dropped off in the front of the school.
• Students that are meeting the bus at Woodruffs Store need to arrive there by 7:10AM. Students that are meeting the bus at Woodruffs Store need to have a note signed by a parent stating they have permission to be picked up and dropped off at that location daily. Mrs. Staton will be at Woodruffs to collect these notes on Monday. This location is offered as a privilege from the store owners and GCHS so please be mindful of the arrangement. If you are leaving a car there, please park near the back.
• If a student rides the bus to SVCC, they must return on the bus to whatever location they were picked up from in the morning due to liability reasons. NO student should ride home in a car with another student from SVCC or get off the bus at Woodruffs and ride with another student to GCHS.
• If your student will be driving to SVCC on a daily basis, we will need a note stating that as well. Please have your student meet Mrs. Harrison at GCHS on Monday at 6:50AM or Mrs. Staton at Woodruffs at 7:10AM with that documentation.
• Once classes begin at GCHS, students will need to sign in at the main office and pick-up the morning announcement sheet. There are also afternoon announcements at the end of the day that will have information for you about upcoming events at GCHS.
• Students will attend D lunch.
• Mrs. Staton will meet monthly with all students attending SVCC from 12-12:25PM in the media center at GCHS. The first meeting will be held on Tuesday, August 20th so please plan to pick your child up at 12:30PM that day from GCHS. These meetings are to offer support and answer any questions students may have.
• Senior portraits are scheduled on August 13th and 14th. No student should miss SVCC classes due to your appointment time. Please come on your scheduled day by 1:30PM to take pictures after returning from SVCC. Mrs. Wright, the yearbook sponsor, is aware of the situation for SVCC students.
• On Friday, August 23rd, students will be leaving Alberta around noon due to a special event. Pick up at GCHS will be later that day. Please keep in contact with your child to know when they will be arriving at GCHS. More details about the event will be given to your child next week from SVCC.
Have a successful year at SVCC and GCHS!
IMPORTANT PREVENTATIVE FLU INFORMATION: Click HERE
Please click the link below to view an important reminder: