Greensville County Public Schools Welcomes the Academic Involvement of Families in the Academic Lives of Their Children
The Family Engagement Team is a group dedicated to strengthening the voice of families, by bringing focus to the needs of students so as to allow every student to reach full potential.
Dr. Denise Avent
Mrs. Kathleen Crowder
Pre K - 5
Research has shown that when schools partners with families, improvements are seen in student attendance, behavior, and learning. As parents, teachers, and other caring adults, our job is to provide our children with:
A safe, nurturing environment.
An opportunity to develop to their fullest potential.
Knowledge and skills to succeed in school and in life.
Support and guidance in all sAtages and their development.
Here is a list of ways that families can be engaged in their children's education:
- Volunteer at school
- Show your child that you care about school
- Keep in touch with your child’s school
- Express high educational expectations for your child
- Attend school meetings and events
- Seek out information
- Be an active part of decision making committees
- Make school important
- Be informed and responsive
- Visit your school’s website
- Provide a rich learning environment at home
- Invite the community to partner with the school
The Virginia Department of Education is committed to improving family engagement for all students including students with disabilities. We believe that families and schools are perfect partners for student success.