Meeting the Bus
- If a student must cross the street to board a bus, he/she must cross in front of the bus, and never behind the bus.
- Students must be at the bus stop five minutes before the scheduled bus pick-up time. Drivers are not permitted to wait for students.
- Students should stand at the designated stop while waiting for the bus. Students are expected to respect the property of others.
- Students should never push or shove fellow students when boarding the bus.
- Parents are requested to accompany their children to and from the bus stop.
- If a child misses the bus, parents/guardians are urged not to drive behind the bus and send the student running beside the bus to board. This would place the student in the driver's blind spot/danger zone, and create a dangerous situation for the student. ("School Bus Safety and Me" brochure from the Virginia Deparment of Motor Vehicles included in this booklet).