Students are expected to perform honestly through the production of their own work and the demonstration of respect for the belongings of others.
The following acts are prohibited:
- Cheating includes the actual giving or receiving of any unauthorized aid or assistance or the actual giving or receiving of unfair advantage on any form of academic work.
- Plagiarism includes the copying of the language, structure, idea, and/or thought of another and representing it as one’s own original work.
- Falsification includes the verbal or written statement of any untruth, including the production of forgery or use of forged writing.
- Stealing includes acquiring another’s possessions without right or The possession of stolen property is considered theft.
- Attempts toward completion of any act described above would constitute a violation and may be punishable to the same extent as if the attempted act had been completed.
- Unauthorized use of technology and information gained through its use without permission is prohibited.
- Acceptable Use of Computers: Students shall abide by the Greensville County School Division’s Acceptable Computer Use Policy and Regulation.
- Gambling: A student shall not bet money or other things of value, or knowingly play or participate in any game involving such a bet, on school property or during any school related activity.
Recommended Dispositions - one or more may apply
Conference with Parent Detention
In-School Suspension (ISS)
Loss of privileges, including access to the School Division’s computer system Alternative School Program
Law Enforcement Agencies Notified Court Referral
Recommendation for Expulsion to the School Board