Concerns regarding the coronavirus (COVIS-19) are impacting every aspect of our daily lives. Greensville County Public Schools is determined to help students and staff stay healthy. Listed below area few common-sense preventive strategies that can help deter the spread of germs such as the common cold, flu, and other viruses.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Seek treatment, if necessary.
- Cover your cough and sneezes with a tissue (and them throw away) or your sleeve.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. This includes before and after eating, after using the toilet, after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing, after playing or feeding or cleaning up after your pets, after touching garbage, plus other situations where you may have touched unclean surfaces.
- If no soap and water is available (which is the best), an alternative method is to use a hand sanitizer that is at least 60% alcohol.
- Routinely clean frequently touched surfaces and objects (for examples : doorknobs, light switches,desk,computers, cell phones, countertops, TV remotes).
- Stop touching your face, mouth, and eyes. If you touch something that has germs and then touch your face, you could be exposing yourself to those germs directly.
We are working with the local health department and following the guidelines from the CDC to help prevent to spread of illnesses. Our school administrators are working with our custodial staff to take additional precautions as it pertains to cleaning in the buildings.